Search

Query

Log in to VuTales

Username

Password

Sign up

Username (5-13 characters)

Password (6+ characters, and something hard to guess)

Password again

Email (Must be valid)

What is 11 + 20? (Sorry, we have to ask)

VuTales on Discord
8 Posts
Time for a rebirth?
 
Mon Jan 30, 2012 08:23 AM +

Seeing as this community has SOMEHOW managed to stay alive for this long (granted, not as active) I think it's time that it starts fresh.

This may be more controversial but instead of letting it just die and wither away I think creating an entire new community from scratch would be cool.

We were afraid of letting people in because the main threat were basilers but we don't really have to worry about that anymore.

Obviously no longer MMO-centric, this site has a lot of potential I just don't wanna see it go to waste.

 

Replies

 
Mon Jan 30, 2012 04:14 PM +

?
why? o"o

 
 
Mon Jan 30, 2012 06:06 PM +

The problem that had been brought up in previous threads was that if we were not MMO-centric (and truthfully, we're not really), what would be our focus? Thing is, we have none, save our past as MMOTales people for the most part. Yes, I'm kind of leading the vanguard to a direction of Starcraft 2, but that's only a select few of us. If we could all settle in to a niche, then I'm all for a rebirth, but we don't.

 
 
Mon Jan 30, 2012 06:44 PM +

There is no point of a "rebirth" because we'd just end up in the same place as we are now albeit with a new name. If you want this site to be active, then advertise.
New people don't come skedaddling to our site because, essentially, nobody knows about it. And there's really nothing too special about it. At this point, we're just watered down restricted Facebook MySpace, with blogs.

 
 
Tue Jan 31, 2012 03:50 PM [Edited once ] +

FunnyFroggy said: There is no point of a "rebirth" because we'd just end up in the same place as we are now albeit with a new name. If you want this site to be active, then advertise.
New people don\'t come skedaddling to our site because, essentially, nobody knows about it. And there's really nothing too special about it. At this point, we're just watered down restricted Facebook MySpace, with blogs.


Without the flashy profiles ;-;

 
 
Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:39 PM +

DarkDragoon said:
FunnyFroggy said: There is no point of a "rebirth" because we'd just end up in the same place as we are now albeit with a new name. If you want this site to be active, then advertise.
New people don\'t come skedaddling to our site because, essentially, nobody knows about it. And there's really nothing too special about it. At this point, we're just watered down restricted Facebook MySpace, with blogs.


Without the flashy profiles ;-;

i feel terrible atm..

 
 
Wed Feb 01, 2012 01:00 AM [Edited once ] +

lol I use Tumblr for all my troubles now.
There's always a new thread about this same topic too. No one is gonna join because none of us cares enough to put the effort in. No one wants to invite all their friends because we say personal shit here. Like shit we don't even tell our friends, so we resort to whining n bitching, in hopes that somehow the dirty work would be done for us and new people join.

If I was on the outside, seeing 1000 threads complaining about inactivity would throw me off js

Edit: We don't even have mutual interests anymore lol

 
 
Wed Feb 01, 2012 02:53 AM +

Joaco said:
DarkDragoon said:
FunnyFroggy said: There is no point of a "rebirth" because we'd just end up in the same place as we are now albeit with a new name. If you want this site to be active, then advertise.
New people don\'t come skedaddling to our site because, essentially, nobody knows about it. And there's really nothing too special about it. At this point, we're just watered down restricted Facebook MySpace, with blogs.


Without the flashy profiles ;-;

i feel terrible atm..


oh my gaw, it's beautiful.
VUSYS MAKE THIS DEFAULT NOW

 
 
Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:37 AM +

Meh. I just don't like to see this potential wasted.



 

Login or sign up

You must be a member to reply or post. You can sign up or log in if you already have an account.