Search

Query

Log in to VuTales

Username

Password

Sign up

Username (5-13 characters)

Password (6+ characters, and something hard to guess)

Password again

Email (Must be valid)

What is 1 + 19? (Sorry, we have to ask)

VuTales on Discord

Least I Could Do

Written by dee32693 on March 25, 2010

Rant by a Web-Artist



There’s little in life that scares me, or has me worried (aside from Vomit, Choking and Ninja Leprechauns) but the current political climate does both of those things.

Some would call the debate going in the US ‘heated’ or ‘impassioned’. I call it dangerous.

You can argue a point with someone without hating them. You can disagree with everything they say without throwing a brick through their window.

Can’t you?

Look at someone like Glenn Beck, who is so full of spite and anger, and incites his viewers into a frenzy. On paper, the Tea Party Movement is a peaceful group who opposes government spending. In reality, many Tea Party Movement members are extremists filled with hate who are on their way to becoming vigilantes, attacking anyone on an opposing side. You also have Al Sharpton, who will use any tragedy to his own advantage.

I’ve listened to senators, congressmen and governors say things I wouldn’t utter in while in a drunken stupor in a bar.

It should be noted that I place the blame on both sides of this latest row.

The worst part of all of this, is that the majority of what people are slinging is not based on facts, but instead on assumptions, hearsay and whatever hate-speak is being published/produced as ‘news’.

This needs to be stopped before it gets worse. A country should be led by debate, facts and bi-partisanship.

Not a mob carrying signs and pitchforks.

- Because I can.

Quote of the Day

“It might seem I don't think our country's so great,
But intolerance, bigotry, greed's what I hate.
Most folks are honest and decent and true,
Peaceful, compassionate, good through and through.
That's what it means to be red, white, and blue,
And if you don't think so fuck you”
- America, by Stephen Lynch


The End




P.S

Lockerz is fail D:

Social media

FaceBook Reddit Stumbleupon Google Digg delicious Twitter

Blog details

Rate this blog

7
You must be logged in to vote

Actions

dee32693

Author
March 25, 2010
Submitted on
1541
Views
17
Comments

dee32693's stats

38
Blogs
4435
Blog reads
5401
ID pageviews
35
Friends
September 9, 2014
Last seen
March 20, 2009
Joined

dee32693's blogs

Pages

1 | 2 | »

Comments

 
Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:48 PM +

I couldn't agree more

 
 
Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:55 PM +

But actions speak louder than words don't they?

 
 
Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:03 PM +

Nass said: But actions speak louder than words don't they?


Yeah but debates are more civilized and are respected.

And I agree about the media part. But they kinda control the way we think now.

 
 
Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:06 PM +

Elaine said:
Nass said: But actions speak louder than words don't they?


Yeah but debates are more civilized and are respected.


So? Whatever gets the job done.

 
 
Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:15 PM +

Nass said:
Elaine said:
Nass said: But actions speak louder than words don't they?


Yeah but debates are more civilized and are respected.


So? Whatever gets the job done.


Would you kill because someone didn't agree with you?

 
 
Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:16 PM +

I love Least I Could Do, but I'm not current.

In other news, morons who don't think for themselves, AKA SHEEP, are the worst in my opinion. They don't contribute to anything. I bet you half the people in the "Tea Party" don't even know what the bill does in detail. It's just CHANGE IS BAD, I WANT TO LIVE LIKE A UNINSURED HICK.

 
 
Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:24 PM +

Elaine said:
Nass said:
Elaine said:
Nass said: But actions speak louder than words don't they?


Yeah but debates are more civilized and are respected.


So? Whatever gets the job done.


Would you kill because someone didn't agree with you?


See how you just jumped to the like worst outcome.

No, I wouldn't kill someone.

As for the media, ehh it only slightly changes my opinion sometimes.
The thing about the media is it tells me exactly what I wanna hear sometimes.

But I don't watch the news much after my English teacher read us a story about Christine Chubbuck. (The news reporter who committed suicide live on television.) That shit's just crazy.

 
 
Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:42 PM +

Pirkid said: I'm not current.

This happened on Tuesday, and there have been death threats (more than usual, I mean) against the Congressmen who voted yes on the health-care reform bill.

 
 
Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:43 PM +

It's America, what should people expect? I do look forward to the day when all the hard working, honest goodwilled, kind hearted people push back the tide of greed and hatred. No offence to any Americans, but it seems none of the good people are in any position of power. :(

I met some good Americans and wished they were the congressmen and senators.

 
 
Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:59 PM +

In my view all the way across the pond, bi-partisanship is rubbish. Especially with America's two party system. Some things are too important to compromise on, considering how crazy some of the right wingers are.

 
 
Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:06 AM [Edited once ] +

Right wingers aren't the only crazies about. Rachel Maddow? Nancy Pelosi? The only reason you're more familiar with right wing nutjobs is because you read liberal material. Most people do. There's also the share of left wing citizen nutjobs.

 
 
Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:12 AM +

Dustin said: Right wingers aren't the only crazies about. Rachel Maddow? Nancy Pelosi? The only reason you're more familiar with right wing nutjobs is because you read liberal material. Most people do. There's also the share of left wing citizen nutjobs.


True, I guess.

But I can't think of any real examples of the left doing serious damage like the right can.

 
 
Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:16 AM +

Vusys said:
Dustin said: Right wingers aren't the only crazies about. Rachel Maddow? Nancy Pelosi? The only reason you're more familiar with right wing nutjobs is because you read liberal material. Most people do. There's also the share of left wing citizen nutjobs.


True, I guess.

But I can't think of any real examples of the left doing serious damage like the right can.


Seriously. I'm conservative myself and they're taking it much too far.
Politics isn't a competition and they're treating it that way.

 
 
Fri Mar 26, 2010 02:01 AM +

This might be irrelevant, but apparently the Texas Board of Education tried to cut Thomas Jefferson out from their history textbooks, and whitewash or minimalize coverage of the roles of ethnic minorities in American history. Am I the only one who finds that kind of depressing?

 
 
Fri Mar 26, 2010 02:15 AM +

Chameleon said: This might be irrelevant, but apparently the Texas Board of Education tried to cut Thomas Jefferson out from their history textbooks, and whitewash or minimalize coverage of the roles of ethnic minorities in American history. Am I the only one who finds that kind of depressing?


Why'd they try to cut Jefferson?

 

Pages

1 | 2 | »

Login or sign up

You must be a member to reply or post. You can sign up or log in if you already have an account.